B2B Asphalt Repair and Maintenance
Crack Repair - Best Defense in Protecting Your Pavement
Crack repair is an essential asphalt maintenance procedure since water penetration is the #1 enemy of asphalt. The #1 defense against water intrusion is crack repair. Cracks in asphalt pavement commonly begin at the bottom of the asphalt and work their way to the surface. Once a crack reaches the surface of your asphalt, the increased volume of water able to reach the base can dramatically deteriorate the foundation weakening your pavement and causing "alligatoring" and potholes - which are more costly to repair. That flow of water is greatly reduced by properly sealing the crack. If not repaired, the crack will continue to spread and the pavement will eventually fail. With proper maintenance including sealcoating and striping your asphault can last much longer.
Key Benefits of Crack Repair:
- Saves you money!
- Crack sealing is a cost effective approach and a key component in protecting your asphalt investment.
- The cost of replacement can be 20-30 times more expensive than a single maintenance procedure.
- Prolongs Pavement Life!
- Factors such as oxidation (weathering), traffic patterns, and environmental hazards (petroleum leaks, etc.)
contribute to asphalt cracks and deterioration.
- Crack Sealing is the most important step you can take to prolong the life of your asphalt.
- Prevents Water Penetration!
- As water freezes in a crack it expands resulting in crack enlargement and further damage.
Just as you would seal leaks in the roof of your building, you should seal the cracks in your asphalt pavement.
- Intrusion of water is the #1 enemy of cracked asphalt.